Friday, January 2, 2009

A Little More Information

I thought I’d provide a little more information about my short story adventure.

I will read a short story – new to me – each day for the entire year. I will not cheat by reading or writing reviews prior to the day they will be posted. In my collection of unread stories I have tales of varying lengths, from sudden fiction (stories of only a page or two in length) to almost-novellas (50+pages). This allows me to select stories of shorter lengths on days when I may be pressed for time.

The one exception I may make to my rule will involve the week of RAGBRAI. Depending on the route, camping accommodations, and/or my cell phone signal and battery life, the timely posting of posts (not the actual act of reading a story and writing a review a day) may be affected.

The format I’ve decided upon begins with a short - non-spoilery – summary of the story. I then add whatever thoughts and feelings and praise and faults I find once finished.

I am starting with the following ratings system:
* * * * * (Excellent)
* * * * (Great)
* * * (Good)
* * (Okay)
* (Eh)
No Stars (Bleh)

I am also categorizing the stories - as best I can - by their genre.

If you have comments or advice or suggestions of stories, please let me know. Drop a comment.

No comments: